Please find Application form and info here!
School Holiday Lantern Making Workshops – River of Light Winter Festival Create your own beautiful lantern for the River of Light Winter Festival in Warburton on 29th July 2017! School Holiday Lantern Making Workshops for children age 7+ Tuesday July 4th – 11:00am – 2pm Sunday July 9th – 11:00am – 2pm Sunday July 16th – 11:00am – 2pm Hosted at The Coop, Yarra Valley ECOSS, 711 Old Warburton Road, Wesburn 3797. Cost: $5 each (includes all materials for lantern) Lunch Available BYO Parent/Guardian Phoebe Lines – 0434 633 599 email@example.com Sam Watson – 0423 140 689 firstname.lastname@example.org
- At 10:30 Neil will provide a brief talk and workshop on the grafting process and purpose.
- From 11am-2:30pm you will be able to select your own favourite varieties, or bring one along you’d like to save; we will either instruct you in how to do it, or do it for you as you wish.
- ECOSS is also hosting the grand tour on the day, come and check out the Indigenous Reconciliation Fire Pit, the Koori Cubby, the Earthbag Cubby, The Coop, the Community Garden, BioDynamic Garden, Pottery Studio and more!
- Delicious lunch options will be available.
- Tea and Coffee will be available throughout.
- Costs: $5 entrance fee, Trees $15, Scion $5. Orders for Multi-graft Trees will be taken on the day for later delivery, and selected advanced trees may be available.
- Five grafting kits will be available for purchase $30, including tape and knife.
Ecotopia Junction Festival 2016 was an incredible representation of a healthy community festival. The sun bought everyone out to the amazing market showcasing many NFP social and environmental groups, fantastic healthy food, a dance stage, Chris Morant Circus, the Main Stage with The Sound Mandala, The Anecdote, The Teskey Brothers, Mal Webb and Kylie Morrigan, and Joelistics.
The Recycled Fashion Parade was another hit this year with 3 categories- Trash Fash, Boutique and Kids, and a panel of celebrity judges. Famous german fashionista Hans Allover came all the way from Berlin to MC again- we are so lucky!
There was kids games, snakes and reptiles and a silent disco in a huge transparent inflatable bubble! As well as this there was a beautiful healing area with a red lotus bell womans tent, mens tipi with activities, and other astrological readings and healing modalities including JING.
In the museum there were blacksmiths and a giant pumpkin competition and futsal in the basketball court.
So much gratitude for all the participants and members of the community that made this day wonderful!