What: Talks, demonstrations and amazing fruit trees for sale.
What part 2: Have a tour of ECOSS and all the Amazing new projects underway! When: This Saturday 15th July 2017. Times: 10:30-2:30 for fruit trees. 1pm for Tour.
Where: Yarra Valley ECOSS (Click for maps:) 711 Old Warburton Rd, Wesburn VIC 3799 Why: The most delicious, unique and cheapest fruit trees anywhere!
How much: $5 entry, Fruit Trees $15, less if you DIY. Scions $5
Lunch Available for purchase on the day.
The full details:
Greetings all,The annual Heritage Fruit Tree Grafting event is happening again at ECOSS this July. The amazing Neil Barraclough (& friends) will again bring an incredible collection of heritage and rare fruit trees varieties that you can make perfect for your soil and location. Imagine: Apples, Pears, Cherries, Peaches & Plums with real flavour in your backyard!
- At 10:30 Neil will provide a brief talk and workshop on the grafting process and purpose.
- From 11am-2:30pm you will be able to select your own favourite varieties, or bring one along you’d like to save; we will either instruct you in how to do it, or do it for you as you wish.
- ECOSS is also hosting the grand tour on the day, come and check out the Indigenous Reconciliation Fire Pit, the Koori Cubby, the Earthbag Cubby, The Coop, the Community Garden, BioDynamic Garden, Pottery Studio and more!
- Delicious lunch options will be available.
- Tea and Coffee will be available throughout.
- Costs: $5 entrance fee, Trees $15, Scion $5. Orders for Multi-graft Trees will be taken on the day for later delivery, and selected advanced trees may be available.
- Five grafting kits will be available for purchase $30, including tape and knife.